What does it do?
- Securely record and transfer arbitrary names (keys).
- Attach a value (data) to the names
(up to 520 bytes, more in the future).
- Transact namecoins, the digital currency (ℕ, NMC).
Namecoin was the first fork of Bitcoin and still is one of the most innovative altcoins. It was first to implement merged mining and a decentralized DNS. Namecoin squares Zooko's Triangle!
What can it be used for?
- Protect free-speech rights online by making the web more resistant to censorship.
- Access websites using the .bit domain (with TLS/SSL).
- Store identity information such as email, GPG key, BTC address, TLS fingerprints, Bitmessage address, etc.
- Human readable Tor .onion names/domains.
- File signatures, Voting, bonds/stocks,/shares, web of trust, escrow and notary services (to be implemented).
Help keep us strong.
Авторизуйтесь, для доступа к ссылке